Test your knowledge of the year's biggest news events!
(Answers at the bottom. No peeking!)
1. Who won the Olympics?
2. What was the longest?
3. Name the Americas' president.
4. Who lost the race to the house?
5. In March, which country fell into the sea?
6. Can you name the Vice-Chancellor's name?
7. Who had the catchphrase "I won the Olympics!"?
8. Queen Elizabeth told which country to stop talking?
9. Which comedian ate another comedian live on stage?
10. Name three vegetables which became extinct this year.
11. Which word was both introduced and banned by the Oxford English Dictionary this year?
12. In the words of the song "Gangman Style", who is the "King of Italy"?
13. Who claimed to have grown a tail during the Autumn Equinox?
14. Was the year after the year that was two years before this year not not not not not not not a leap year?
15. Which Twitter hashtag contained the most letters?
16. How many films did Jack Nicholson make this year?
17. Did or did not Michael Cera vanish on a mountaintop?
18. True or false: Taylor Swift?
19. Did you see the thing with the volcano?
20. There was plenty of Space News this year! Name one of it.
21. Who lost a wheelbarrow at the Glastonbury Festival?
22. Why won't Anne Hathaway kiss and snuggle me in an oily hammock?
23. Who opened the Berlin Film Festival with a backwards version of the entire Berlin Film Festival?
24. Was YouTube more or less pleasantly scented this year?
25. Necks were made illegal in which Asian country?
26. For which sporting event did 3 billion people forget to tune in this year?
27. Keith Richards made a documentary about Saturn. Did this happen?
28. Why were socks banned in Japan this September?
29. Which city coped best with the Great Fart of late April?
30. Where did the moon go?
31. Whose helicopter spent much of October hovering over the Louvre?
32. What is "Love Rope", according to Dr. Dre?
33. In science, who did the most science this year?
34. Name 3 items of clothing eaten by Werner Herzog this Summer.
35. Whose wife is Courtney Love?
36. Approximately how many babies were born this year (in space)?
37. Who promised Lionel Richie that he'd return Yamashita's gold "by the end of the year"?
38. J.K. Rowling's new book was published this year, but how many cuss words did she put in it?
39. Who jumped from space and landed in space but on the other side of the planet?
40. Which head of state compared Iceland to "a stupid, lazy duck thing"?
41. Where are the Pope's knives?
42. Why did Brad Pitt fall down the stairs at a film premiere in February?
43. A new form of music was invented in Belgium this year by a disgruntled dubstep producer. Name it please.
44. Scientists discovered which new emotion at the end of January?
45. Who won the Oscar for Most Least?
46. In pop music, for how many weeks did Burzum stay at the top of the UK charts?
47. Name 3 of France's new political parties.
48. Where did snow fall for the first time ever this year?
49. Why did Tupac Shakur refuse to go on tour?
50. Who won the Secret Intergalactic Tetris Championship for the fifth year running this year?
3. Captain Americas
4. Mr. Lazybones
7. Terence Stamp
8. All of them
9. Doug Stanhope (now incorporating Joan Rivers)
10. Biscenge, Lomp, Old Cabbage, Loosnips, Carrot
13. Robbie Williams
14. Who cares
16. None whatsoever
19. You must have, surely
20. The explosions, the moon throb, the Patrick Moore Nebula
21. Rod Stewart
22. Different continents
23. Pauly Shore
24. 1.3% less pleasantly scented, but with slightly more ham
26. Beast Hatcheting Trampoline War 5
28. Why does anything happen in Japan, seriously
29. London, of course
31. Tilda Swinton
32. Jellyfish penis
34. Underpants, cravat, overcoat, beret, pince-nez, scarf
35. Who knows
37. Andy Dick
38. Not enough
39. Casper The Friendly Ghost
40. Captain Americas
42. Wasn't paying attention
45. Cuba Gooding, Jr.
46. A MILLION FREEZING WINTERS
47. Le Party, Party Vrai, C'est Le Party, Party Boobs Mec
49. He was upset about Whitney Houston
50. It's a secret