2. What was the name of Scrooge's dead business partner?
3. Who wrote the song "Here Comes Santa Claus"?
4. Name the song: “Disperse the gloomy clouds of night"
Hark the Herald Angels
O Come All Ye Faithful
O Come, O Come Emmanuel
5. Which country can be credited with the creation of the Christmas beverage, eggnog?
6. In the Christmas story, after leaving Bethlehem, to which country did Joseph, Mary, and Jesus travel?
7. When does the Russian Orthodox Church celebrate Christmas?
8. Which country does St. Nicholas come from?
9. The poinsettia is native to which country?
10. Which American state was the first to recognise Christmas as a holiday, in 1836?
11. What was printed on the first Christmas stamp?
12. What is the shape of the candy cane modelled after?
A fish hook
The cane St. Nicholas used
A shepherd’s crook
13. Who played Bob Cratchit in “The Muppet Christmas Carol”?
14. When was Christmas first celebrated?
15. What Christmas item did Tom Smith invent in 1847 in London?
16. Kris Kringle is hired to work in which department store, in “Miracle on 34th Street”?
17. Who was the Roman Emperor when Jesus was born?
18. Which U.S. state has “the world’s tallest living Christmas tree”?
19. What gift did Caspar bring?
20. The song White Christmas was first performed in which film?
Just for You
21. Whose Gospel doesn’t contain the Christmas story?
22. How many gifts did the person in the song “The Twelve Days of Christmas” receive?
23. In which author's novel is it "always winter but never Christmas"?
C. S. Lewis
24. If you were born on Christmas Day, what’s your starsign?
25. Which of these is the only one originally intended aas a Christmas carol?
Carol of the Bells
26. Who is credited with bringing the Christmas tree to Britain and Ireland?
King William IV
27. One of the Wise Men’s gifts was gold. What is its chemical symbol?
28. What did Frosty the Snowman have for a nose?
A lump of coal
29. Which author made the remark "I gave them for Dinner a Piece of rost Beef and plumb Puddings – and after dinner half a Pint of strong Beer apiece”?
30. In which ocean is Christmas Island?
31. How many nights did it take for all three spirits to visit Ebenezer Scrooge?
32. Name the Christmas movie: "It's a one year membership to the Jelly of the Month Club!"
Deck the Halls
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
33. In which country did the Carol of the Bells originate?
34. The first artificial Christmas tree was made in Germany in the late 19th century. What was it made of?
35. Who wrote the poem, "The Cultivation of Christmas Trees"?
36. Where did there “arise such a clatter”?
On the lawn
By the tree
On the roof
37. Which country gifts the Christmas tree that is placed at the Trafalgar Square in London, according to Christmas tradition?
38. What’s the Grinch as cuddly as?
A bag of rocks
39. Who lost $8,000 in “It’s a Wonderful Life”?
40. Who played an elf in “Santa Claus: The Movie”?
41. All sports were banned in Britain on December 25th 1541, except one. Which one?
Brainius an Pupey
42. Who tried to steal Christmas from the "Whos of Whoville" in the 1966 cartoon based on the Dr. Seuss story?
The Cat in the Hat
43. What does a caroller sing outside Scrooge’s office?
God Rest You Merry, Gentelemn
Good King Wenceslas
O Come, All Ye Faithful
44. Who made the first nativity crib?
45. Which continent is the turkey from ?
46. “Silent Night” was first played on which musical instrument?
47. What Christmas food is made from "marsh-whorts"?
48. Which mission broadcast a Christmas message in 1968?
49. What happened to Pope Gregory VII while saying Mass on Christmas Day?
He had a heart attack
He hit his head on the altar
He was kidnapped
50. Which popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in 1857?
Angels We Have Heard on High
Away in a Manger